Thursday 10 October 2013

Stagecoach Bus Using Mobile

 LX51FKA Crystal Palace Route 122 09/10/13 17:35 BUS ID 17427

On Wednesday the 9th of October I had the misfortune of bumping into probably the most irresponsible bus driver I have ever encountered in all my 7 years cycling in London. I've seen some pretty dangerous driving from bus drivers and feature some on my youtube channel. I've reported a few to their respective companies but this is the first I've felt compelled to report to the police.

The above graphic illustrates where 3 interactions with this driver confirmed my worst fears. The first was noticing him speeding up behind me and was relieved to find him pulling in instead of flattening me. The second was when he choose to overtake I and and another cyclist only to pull in immediately in front of us. The third was when I pulled up to him at some traffic lights and my suspicions were confirmed when I saw him using a mobile device.


I can't find anything about any special dispensations for London's bus drivers using their mobile phones while in control of a double decker bus. This dangerous behaviour not only puts my life in danger but that of other road users and that of the companies passengers. I'm not out to target everyone who transgresses on our roads but I do want safer roads and pavements for cyclists, pedestrians and motorists who use them responsibly.



No comments:

Post a Comment